Resources for the 2016 Election
Guides for Teachers
- Example Letters to Students
- Evanston Superintendent's Letter to Students
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network's Collection of Teachers Strategies
- American School Counselor Association's Guide to Supporting Students Post Election
- RAD Remedy's Guide to the Immediate Post-Election Future
- Electric Literature: Practical ways for teachers to get involved
- Creating Safe Spaces
- Facing History & Ourselves: "Fostering Civil Discourse: A guide for classroom conversations"
- National Education Associations: "How to talk to students about the election"
- Teaching Tolerance: Teaching Tools
In The Media
- Washington Post Article: "The frightening effect of Trump talk on American schools"
- Huffington Post Article: "What should we tell the children?"
- YouTube Video: "Are you a racist? No isn't good enough"
- Kid President's Words of Widsom
- Center for Childhood Resilience Impact of Presidential Election on Youth Health and Well-Being